The Mesilla Valley MPO is in the process of updating its Public Participation Plan (PPP) and Title VI process. The PPP is the document that guides the MPO’s public involvement activities, contains the goals for public involvement and specific involvement procedures. The goals of the PPP are:
- Maintain a continuing, cooperative, and comprehensive (3-C) planning process;
- Pursue access to transportation options for all residents;
- Consider a broad range of options to address transportation challenges;
- Ensure a transparent, interactive, bottom-up transportation planning process;
- Provide a high level of education on transportation related subjects;
- Encourage residents and a variety of stakeholders to contribute ideas and comments at every stage in the process; and
- Engage traditionally underserved populations, including low income and minority households and persons with disabilities.
As a recipient of federal financial assistance and under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 the Mesilla Valley MPO will ensure that no person shall on the grounds of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age or disability be subjected to discrimination under any MPO programs or activities.
The current Public Participation Plan and Title VI process were adopted on September 11, 2013. It is required that the PPP be updated before the commencement of each Metropolitan Transportation Plan update process.
The public comment period for this PPP commenced at the Technical Advisory Committee meeting held on April 5, 2018. Comments can be submitted either through the Contact Us page on this site, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (575) 528-3225.
The current PPP document can be reviewed here.